About Me

My photo
Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
I can see in myself the best gift of God.

Monday, January 31, 2011

What Day Was That?

It was a cold, cloudy morning.  I was wearing that green uniform with beret on my head, neckerchief in my neck and white gloves.  I loved my attire, and I had imagined myself walking down the road with other students wearing green, too.

I am a CAT Officer and I am much proud of it.  I am so proud to say that I love joining parades with the other officers because it gives me fame when I hear people talk about how we perform.  My friends say I look beautiful with my fatigue uniform. I look so awesome as I feel it.

That 25th day of January was nice and weird.  What happened?  I must to join the Grand Parade on that day.  I woke up so early for I was very excited!  But I felt quite nervous too.  I thought I have to practice yet so as not to give shame to my school.

Being too early in arriving at school was to be shared with you.  For others, it was a miracle.  I go to school very late most often.  But because I was excited, miracle happened.

After a few minutes, we walked down the street to assemble at the City Hall.  I walked so smart!  I just hope you were there to watch me.  But yes, I really walked like someone walking at the Philippine Military Academy.  They just don't know, my grandmother passed away five days ago.  I had that strange feeling of excitement and loneliness.

"Kriiiing! Kriiiing!" My phone was ringing and it read "Tita Alma."  My aunt was calling and I answered it.  There, she told me to go home immediately because the parade was against our religion.  I did not know what to do but I just cried.  My friends accompanied me to ask permission from Mr. Rabaca for me to go home by that moment of time.  I just did.  But I did cry.

Tell me then... Was that day the feast of Vigan City?  But I was not aware of anything!  For me, that was just a lazy day in bed.  Come on, tell me again!  What day was that?

No comments: