About Me

My photo
Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
I can see in myself the best gift of God.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Change: It Starts With Me

"If you want to change the world, begin by changing yourself."

"Change is the only permanent thing in this world," as most people say.

"Change is what we need.  Change is now," said Barack Obama.

But changing is not that easy.  We have to undergo situations which would force us to change.  We change for the better, or maybe for worse.

I am still young but I want a change not only in my country but also to the world.  We are experiencing economic crises nowadays.  People are being alarmed because these crises might lead to severe problems in most of the countries.  Honestly, we really need a change.

We buy imported clothes, foods and accessories.  We love buying stateside belongings.  We like owning dollars and euros.  Don't we?

Maybe, we're not fully aware of the disadvantages we get from owning these.  It hurts a lot every time we hear Philippines being belittled.   So if we would change, we would attain greater heights.

Change begins with me.  With you, too.  And with us.  It all starts within ourselves.  As John F. Kennedy said, "Do not ask what your country can do for you.  Ask what you can do for your country instead."

No comments: